AMDFirePro unveils W2100, W4100, W5100 & W7100 Graphics at SIGGRAPH 2014
AMD completes its next generation family of workstation graphics cards, delivering more memory, compute and graphics performance to help increase productivity in customer workflows
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today at SIGGRAPH 2014 unveiled new additions to the next generation AMD FirePro™ professional graphics family – all designed to provide exceptional application performance for the entry-level workstation user up to the ultra power user, backed by larger memory configurations, top to bottom 4K display support, increased compute performance1, application certifications and rock-solid drivers. AMD took command of professional graphics leadership earlier this year with the exciting introduction of its award winning AMD FirePro™ W9100 and AMD FirePro™ W8100 graphics. Now with the introduction of all new AMD FirePro™ professional graphics cards supported by AMD Graphics Core Next architecture – AMD FirePro™ W2100, AMD FirePro™ W4100, AMD FirePro™ W5100, and AMD FirePro™ W7100 – Computer Aided Design (CAD), video, animation, design and engineering professionals are empowered to work at exceptional levels of detail, speed, productivity, responsiveness and creativity.
“We’re excited to unveil the new generation of AMD FirePro professional graphics with improved features to enable more workstation graphics performance and productivity at every level,” said David Cummings, senior director and general manager, Professional Graphics at AMD. “This new generation of AMD FirePro graphics will help workstation manufacturers and channel providers to offer powerful, reliable solutions designed to improve application performance and increased productivity to help end users do more.”
The next generation AMD FirePro™ workstation graphics family brings at least 2x more memory1, multidisplay 4K leadership, high compute performance, next generation API support and PCIe® 3.0 support:
- With 16GB GDDR5 memory and the ability to support up to six 4K displays2, AMD FirePro™ W9100 professional graphics is AMD’s most advanced professional graphics solution available offering the ideal single-GPU solution for the next generation of ultrahigh-resolution visualization environments
- AMD FirePro™ W8100 professional graphics feature 8GB of GDDR5 memory and packs up to 4.2 TFLOPS of compute power to accelerate projects beyond just graphics
- An engineering and Media & Entertainment multimedia powerhouse, the 8GB AMD FirePro™ W7100 professional graphics is designed to boost performance and support for 4K content, including video playback, editing and transcoding
- With 4GB of GDDR5 memory and four display outputs on the AMD FirePro™ W5100 graphics, users can tackle complex models, assemblies, data sets and advanced visual effects with ease
- In a class of its own, AMD FirePro™ W4100 graphics, including four-display support, is the ideal choice for users who need a performance boost to address their evolving workflows
- Next generation professional graphics start with AMD FirePro™ W2100 graphics, delivering optimized and certified professional application performance that consumer graphics lack
“With the introduction of next generation AMD FirePro™ workstation graphics cards, Dell can offer its design and engineering customers outstanding graphics and multi-monitor performance, beneficial graphics memory and outstanding features to help improve their workflows – whether they need an entry, mid-range or high-end graphics solution,” said Andy Rhodes, executive director, Dell Precision workstations. “AMD’s solid drivers and application certifications support Dell Precision Workstation customers with high performance, high quality workstations for their designs, models, animations and video productions.”
“Offering an expanded choice of AMD FirePro professional graphics cards will help our customers increase their productivity for a variety of mission critical projects including computer aided design and content creation,” said Jeff Wood, vice president, Worldwide Product Management, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. “We can rely on AMD FirePro to enable our workstation customers to deliver successful projects knowing that they’re backed by the reliability and performance they demand.”
In support of the new AMD™ FirePro professional graphics, AMD will participate in the following activities at SIGGRAPH 2014 in the Vancouver Convention Centre:
- AMD FirePro family of professional graphics will be displayed in the AMD booth (#1023) from August 12 to 14
- Also in the AMD exhibit booth, Solid Angle, a leading provider of rendering software for animation and visual effects, will offer a demonstration entitled “Exploring the Cutting Edge: An Arnold GPU Prototype”
- AMD’s graphics executive Richard Huddy will present “Mantle and the Next-Gen Renderers For AMD FirePro With Graphics Core Next” at the Exhibitor Tech Talks at SIGGRAPH 2014 on August 12 and 13
- AMD will host “Monsters in the Orchestra: A Surround Computing VR Experience” in booth ET440 in the Emerging Technologies pavilion, Hall A from August 10 to 14
”Sapphire is proud to be able to offer the complete range of new AMD professional graphics products featuring a host of new features enabling workstation users with increased creativity and productivity,” said Adrian Thompson, Corporate VP of Marketing for SAPPHIRE Technology, the Exclusive Global Distribution Partner for AMD FirePro graphics. “These new AMD FirePro professional graphics deliver workstation integrators and end users an exciting choice of performance levels for an extensive array of applications, all supported by certified drivers and powered by OpenCL™.”
The AMD FirePro W9100 and W8100 graphics are already available for purchase from numerous workstation providers, and the AMD FirePro W2100, W4100 and W5100 graphics will be available In September from AMD global distribution partner SAPPHIRE Technology and major workstation providers. AMD FirePro W7100 graphics will be available in Q4 2014.
- Learn more about AMD FirePro™ Graphics product family
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD professional graphics on Twitter- @AMDFirePro
AMD (NYSE: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.