AMD FirePro W4300 – Industry’s Best Performing Low Profile Graphics Card for CAD
Since its arrival back in December 2015, the AMD FireProTM W4300 graphics card have became the popular choice for CAD professionals around the globe. This was witnessed just four months after the launch of the AMD FireProTM W4300. The card provides the best performance specifically for the CAD professionals using SOLIDWORKS®, PTC Creo®, NX™, CATIA®, Autodesk® Inventor as well as Revit® and many more.The new card FireProTM W4300 has 4GB of GDDR5 memory within a low-profile design for installation in Small Form Factor (SFF) workstations as well as tower systems.
The AMD FirePro W4300TMdelivers virtually the same graphics horsepower as AMD’s previous generation mid-range offering. It is essentially a performance bump for this segment of AMD’s lineup, offering improved performance and better features than the Cape Verde based W4100. The FireProTM W4300 and W5100 graphics card offer almost similar performance, and offer a significant cost& power saving advantage.
The AMD FireProTM W4300 is a notable graphics card that delivers true mid-range performance in a low profile form factor compared to its competitors.Despite its small size, the AMD FirePro W4300 graphics card can drive AMD Eyefinity multi-display set-ups with up to six monitors and up to 4K and 5K resolution.
This card offers significant relevance, especially with the increasing importance of Small form factor PCs in the workstation space. The major OEMs offering SFF would certainly consider it and bring together an exciting new edge of SFF Workstations in 2016.
Based on AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture to optimize utilization and maximize performance, the AMD FireProTM W4300 card features:
- 4GB GDDR5 GPU memory for large projects helping to improve workflow application responsiveness.
- AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology that allows the use of up to six ultra-high resolution displays, helping users to multitask across multiple applications and displays with ease.
- Four DisplayPort 1.2a connections standard (with support for up to six DisplayPort monitors via MST-enabled hub) and AMD FreeSync™ technology that enables GPU control of the display refresh rate for tear-free display updates, critical for media and entertainment applications and workflows.
- OpenCL™ 2.0 support enabling developers to take advantage of new features that give GPUs more freedom to do the work they are designed to do.
- Unique power monitoring and management technologies plus the maximum power consumption of 50W in a low-profile form factor. AMD PowerTune technology dynamically optimizes GPU power usage and AMD ZeroCore Power technology4significantly reduces power consumption at idle.
- Certification on more than 100 different applications for improved performance and reliability, including the most popular design and engineering and media and entertainment applications. AMD FirePro™ professional graphics drivers are released several times each year and include performance and feature improvements.
Overall, the W4300 is the most impressive AMD FirePro™ professional graphics card we’ve seen launched in last couple of months, which gives the same performance for less money. The AMD FireProTMW4300card is designed for those who design, draft, model, and validate. We recommend AMD FireProTM W4300 to our readers using SOLIDWORKS®, PTC Creo®, NX™, CATIA®, Autodesk® Inventor as well as Revit® for better results.
Article/Review by Sachin Nalawade – Editor – DailyCADCAM