3DPLM Hosts Successful Product Incubation Program 2016 at COEP – BHAU Institute
Oct 5, 2016: The Product Incubation Program 2016 sponsored by 3DPLM is an Intensive and Immersive Incubation Program for budding entrepreneurs from across the nation with an ambition to transition “napkin ideas” to “pilot products” impacting millions.The idea is to create a vibrant and sustainable cluster of innovative technology businesses in India and demonstrate the feasibility of creating such a cluster within India.
3DPLM (A Dassault Systèmes Company) collaborated with BHAU Institute at COEP for Product Incubation Program 2016 as a part of its CSR initiative. This Program received 135 interesting product entries across the country from varied fields including Farming, Power, Automobiles, IoT and Medical devices. Out of these 135 entries, top 24 entries weres elected for the 3 days boot camp.
The Startup Boot Camp from 23rd to 25thSeptember, held at COEP was full of intense, electric activitiesproviding much needed guidance on running a successful startup. The best and brightest stakeholders in the Indian startup ecosystem were part of the three day program. The event kicked off with Keynote Speaker Mr. Sanjay Inamdar, Co-founder of BHAU Institute, followed by Mr. Sudarshan Mogasale, CEO 3DPLM who spoke about Dassault Systèmes product portfolio and their active role and contribution in Indian Startup Ecosystem. The next two days were packed with speaker sessions, workshops, and startup pitches. Some of the industry experts including Mr. Rupesh Khopade of DS India, Sanjay Kanvinde (Investor), Mr. Sushil Chowdhury (Serial Entrepreneur), Ms. Shweta Uttam (IP protection), Mr. Pradeep from SOLIDWORKS India and 15 other experts, spoke at the event.The attendees also got an opportunity to learn about building teams, raising and managing finances, leveraging the local ecosystem, company formation, business valuation strategies, IP and several other topics relevant to startups.
Of the shortlisted 24 teams at the Boot Camp, top 4 teams were selected after three days of intensive mentoring sessions, workshops and pitching. Here are the winning product ideas who made it to the Top 4 list (listed below in no particular order):
- HelPin– A clothes pin for arthritis patients
- Mileage Air filter for Automobiles–Novel engine filter that improves performance and reduces pollution by ionization
- Mechanized Dung Collector – Automation equipment for dairy farm
- Media Box – An innovative entertainment system for long-haul buses
Above four teams will be offered following benefits during physical incubation phase at BHAU Institute, which starts from October 2016:
- Free office space and office address
- Free access to cutting edge 3DEXPERIENCE and SOLIDWORKS software
- Free technical mentoring from 3DPLM
- Free business mentoring from successful entrepreneurs and BHAU Institute
- Free access to COEP lab resources and other resources
- Support for prototype fabrication & deployment
- Potential funding for the start-ups at the end of incubation
We look forward to work with the winning teams at the BHAUInstitute of
COEP in the coming months.