3Dconnexion Announces CadMouse for CAD Professionals
A unique combination of hardware and software features that
meet the needs of CAD users like no other mouse can
February 5th, 2015 – 3Dconnexion today announces the release of the 3Dconnexion CadMouse, the first mouse designed specifically for CAD professionals. By combining powerful, ergonomic hardware and smart, easy-to-use software, the 3Dconnexion CadMouse provides a level of performance ordinary mice just can’t match, inside and outside the CAD environment.
For more than 20 years, 3Dconnexion’s SpaceMouse product range has enabled a superior 3D navigation experience for CAD professionals. With a SpaceMouse in one hand taking care of 3D navigation, the “ordinary” mouse in the other hand is free to click and select. But over the years, 3Dconnexion saw firsthand how frustrated customers were with an ordinary mouse. They wanted something better—so we built it.
“We developed the 3Dconnexion CadMouse because CAD users asked us to.” says Antonio Pascucci, VP of products at 3Dconnexion. “We took the time to understand what they needed before developing a combination of smart hardware and software features.”
“With the introduction of the 3Dconnexion CadMouse, we are excited to be meeting the demands of CAD professionals across a broad range of industries and professions,”Pascucci says.“The icing on the cake is that CadMouse enables a new level of Two-Handed Power for our current customers. In other words, using a CadMouse together with a 3Dconnexion 3D mouse like the SpaceMouse Pro or SpaceNavigator makes it possible to interact with digital content in a way that wasn’t possible before.”
Discover why CadMouse’s features outperform and outclass an ordinary mouse:
- Dedicated, Full-Size Middle Mouse Button — Every CAD user knows how much they rely on the middle mouse button, but ordinary mice bury it under the scroll wheel. The CadMouse has a dedicated, full-size middle mouse button, so it’s no longer necessary to click the uncomfortable scroll wheel thousands of times per day.
- QuickZoom– Effortlessly zoom in and out of your models or drawings with a single click of a thumb button. Combine this feature with the 6-degrees-of-freedom navigation enabled by a 3Dconnexion 3D mouse for previously unseen levels of Two-HandedPower.
- Smart Scroll Wheel1–Automatic scroll wheel performance depending on the active application. Precise “click-to-click” zooming in CAD applications or speedy scrolling in browsers and documents. It’s a seamless experience that ordinary mice just can’t provide.
- Advanced Laser Sensor— With 8200dpi and a poll rate of up to 1000Hz (responsiveness of 1 millisecond) you’ll click exactly where you need to, when you need to. The CadMouse has the level of precision CAD professionals demand—and deserve.
- Gesture / Radial Menu Button – The CadMouse’s gesture button opens a context sensitive on-screen radial menu. Simply move the cursor left, right, up or down to activate the command.
- Optimally Shaped PTFE feet – Because 3Dconnexion specializes in CAD, we pay acute attention to details like how materials and geometry affect friction. It’s especially important when you consider that serious CAD users can be moving their mouse up to 1km per week. CadMousehas optimally shaped feet made from PTFE, a material with one of the lowest coefficients of friction against any solid, resulting in a near perfect equilibrium. The result? CadMouse moves exactly how you mean it to—every time.
Don’t settle for ordinary. Learn more about the 3Dconnexion CadMouse here http://www.3dconnexion.eu/products/cadmouse
Compatibility, pricing and availability
The 3Dconnexion CadMouse will be available at the end of February at a suggested retail price of<insert local currency>(excluding tax). At the time of launch, its full range of features aresupported by the Microsoft® Windows 8, 7 and Vista operating system.
3Dconnexion designs powerful, ergonomic hardware and smart, easy-to-use software that combine seamlessly to make working in CAD fast, comfortable and fun. From our SpaceMouse range of 3D mice to the CadMouse, 3Dconnexion products provide a superior way for CAD professionals to interact with and experience the digital world.
3Dconnexion provides peace of mind to 3D professionals who design the buildings, machines and products that power our world. They take their work seriously, and so do we. Our products feature patented technology and unparalleled build quality to provide the performance that CAD professional demand – and deserve.
3Dconnexion products are CAD companions that don’t quit, just like the 3D professionals they serve. That’s why engineers, architects and designers have trusted us for more than 20 years to improve their work, no matter how tough the job.
3Dconnexion is headquartered in Munich, Germany. Its North American headquarters is in Boston, MA.